The Medalist Defeasance team is comprised of experienced defeasance specialists that have completed more than 1,000 defeasance transactions for more than $10 billion. We guide our clients through the entire defeasance transaction, ensuring a seamless closing at the lowest cost possible.
- Structuring the Defeasance Portfolio – we utilize extremely sophisticated trading software to generate the most efficient portfolio of securities available.
- Documentation – we coordinate the entire documentation process that frequently involves borrower, lender, buyer, CPA’s, brokerage houses, and attorneys.
- Purchasing of Securities – using our extensive institutional contacts, we hold a competitive bidding process for the securities portfolio, ensuring our clients the lowest cost possible. We never receive a brokerage fee or commission.
- Residual and Float – we provide transparency around the residual value generated from the defeasance process and return a portion of those savings to our clients.
- Successor Borrower – we establish the Successor Borrower entity, which assumes the liability for all financial obligations of the loan. This relieves our customers of any short-fall liability and allows for extinguishment of debt via the defeasance.
We know that closing the defeasance is critical to your refinance or sale. Medalist Defeasance delivers a smooth closing at the lowest cost possible, allowing you to focus on the other important aspects of the transaction.